Centenary Coastal Walks 2019
There are 14 walks involved in completing the Anglesey coastal path and we will be doing them between January and October. You can do as many walks as you would like to but we do need you to book so that we know what size bus to order. The booking deadline is shown by each walk but bookings will close if the maximum number is reached.
There will be a charge of £5 per person per walk to cover the cost of the buses apart from walks 1, 13 and 14 when we will be using cars (but please still book so we can send further details about where to meet).
Cars will be left at the finish point at the beginning of each walk and a bus will take participants to the start. Details of where to meet and at what time will be emailed to the person making the booking prior to the walk.
Dates are as follows:
- Dates are as follows:
- 26 January – Trearddur Bay to Four Mile Bridge (8.75miles)
- 27 January – Four Mile Bridge to Rhosneigr (7 miles)
- 23 February – Rhosneigr to Aberffraw (7 miles)
- 24 February – Aberffraw to Newborough, (13 miles although shortcuts are possible!)
- 23 March – Newborough to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwymdrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch (11 miles)
- 24 March – Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwymdrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch to Beaumaris (6.5 miles)
- 6 April – Beaumaris to Pentraeth (12.5 miles)
- 7 April – Pentraeth to Moelfre (5.5 miles)
- 4 May – Cemaes Bay to Church Bay (not in sequence because parts of this section closed in September) (10.5 miles)
- 5 May – Church Bay to Valley (8 miles)
- 28 September – Moelfre to Amlwch (12.5 miles)
- 29 September – Amlwch to Cemaes Bay (7.5 miles)
- 19 October – Valley to Holyhead (6 miles)
- 20 October – Holyhead to Trearddur Bay (12 miles)
The walks will go ahead in all weathers except hurricane force wind or heavy snow. Bring your own provisions and suitable clothing and each person is responsible for their own safety and any accompanying children. Non-members are welcome. So are dogs as long as they have clean paws when boarding the bus and refrain from sitting on the seats. No refunds except if the walk is cancelled