Data Protection and Privacy Notice
The Trearddur Bay Sailing club is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. Trearddur Bay Sailing Club will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)
The Trearddur Bay Sailing Club is a sailing club based in Anglesey with its purpose being the encouragement of amateur sailing.
When we use "TBSC", "we", "us" or "our" in this Data Protection and Privacy Notice, we are referring to the unincorporated association known as the Trearddur Bay Sailing Club. This unincorporated association is the “controller” for your personal data under the GDPR.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Data Protection and Privacy Notice and data protection issues in general. If you have any questions about this Data Protection and Privacy Notice, including in relation to your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the details set out below.
Name and Title of DPO: Charles Bangor-Jones, Commodore
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO; so please contact us in the first instance.
Personal data, or personal identification information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
TBSC may collect, use and store different kinds of personal data about you when we obtain that data and during the course of your membership. We have grouped the different types of data together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username, title, date of birth.
- Contact Data includes such things as postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, membership subscription data.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
TBSC use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
Directly - TBSC collects information from you when you provide us with personal information through the TBSC website, WebCollect, application forms or enquiries to TBSC.
Indirectly - When you use our website, and as you interact with it, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your membership contract;
- Providing and managing your access to the TBSC website;
- Providing and managing social and sailing events;
- Managing club affairs.
Our use of your personal data is under the terms of the contract we have with you to provide membership and manage club affairs. If you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have with you, In this case, we may have to terminate the membership you wish to obtain from us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time. You cannot withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data by TBSC except by terminating your membership.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sensitive data. You have the right to withdraw consent on sensitive data at any time by contacting us.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in the United Kingdom. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere in this Data Protection And Privacy Notice, we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to be informed. This means you are entitled to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you. This means you to have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected;
- Request deletion of your personal data. This means you can ask us to delete or remove personal data where you believe we have no legitimate reason for continuing to process it. We may not always be obliged to comply fully with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you;
- Object to processing of your personal data. If there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This entitles you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data for the following reasons: if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; if you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. Should you wish to access your information please contact email@example.com
For more information about the TBSC use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection and Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
The TBSC website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared with authorised TBSC officials on a need to know basis only.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any the ICO of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it; including for the purposes of any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements following its legitimate use.
For club history purposes we keep a record of members names and the dates of when they were members of Trearddur Bay Sailing Club
Any changes we may make to our Data Protection and Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. This Data Protection and Privacy Notice was last updated on 12/05/2018